Saturday 22 August 2009

Spannering

Well, after  a week of having the bike in bits, today should see it back together again.

Had new tryes put on, and with one paddock stand, that meant taking 1 wheel at a time to the tyre shop, over two days... I used National Tyres, they wont take your wheels off for you (because of "lack of skills in chain adjustment"), but will let you use their equipment and tools to do it on their premises if you want to 'ride in ride out' - err, no thanks....  my guess is Health & Safety would have a field day with that idea!

Anyway, took the rear off, to find the pads were in a shocking state - my pillion g/f recently said on a ride "I can hear a noise when we're slowing" - why didnt I check these out then??? New set of pads waiting to go in today, along with new plugs, and fresh oil  next week before the BH weekend, when we're off to Stirling for the weekend           

No comments:

Post a Comment