Sunday 11 April 2010

Fundraising for The Royal British Legion

Nearly 3 years ago, I took part in a John O'Groats to Land's End motorbike run to raise money for Cancer Research. That was 1046 miles, completed over 3 days, without using any Motorways.

This year, I've decided to do something a little different - on behalf of the Royal British Legion, I will be taking part in a 1000 miles in 24 Hours endurance ride in aid of their Poppy Appeal. This will take place over the weekend of 19/20 June, 2010.

The event site is here http://rblr1000.co.uk/

Shamelessly, here's plug for my donation site... http://www.justgiving.com/RussHeard  

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes on the 1000 miles in 24 hours event. I've done 4 of them on NZ back roads and will be doing my 5th in October. When you've done one, you'll know that you NEVER have to prove anything to anyone again!

    Great blog site! I grew up in Northamptonshire a lifetime ago.

    Cheers,

    Geoff
    Coromandel, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Geoff, looking forward to it - I think!

    - Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting idea! I think that could prove a very worthwhile approach in establishing long term relationships. I think that you would need to prioritise quite heavily towards the people who either link to you all the time or who have large, powerful sites. But these are the perfect people to build a relationship with as they have already shown that they like you by placing the link.
    Petrochemicals

    ReplyDelete