Monday 9 November 2009

Its been a while....

IBAW...since I posted a blog, so here's a few musings that I've been meaning to put down on virtual paper. Mum's been quite ill recently, but after a stay in hospital the medication appears to be working and the illness is reducing. her mobility is a little slower than normal, but she's getting used to the walking aids and the wheelchair, bless her. Still looking remarkably upbeat and determined to confront whatever else life throws at her. Way to go, Mum!

IBAW...since I bought a new lid, but as the visor on my old one has been converting light sources into kaleidescopes, I took the plunge and went to my local J&S in Kimberley. I got everything I wanted - flipup-front, integral drop-down dark(-ish) visor, and pinlocked visor for an anti-mist liner. £80 for the lid and £20 for the anti-mist liner, and (because I spent over £50), 3 free gifts from a choice of about 6 or 7. Bargain!

IBAW...since I rode in fog, but there was a hint of mist this morning as I got near to work, and fog all the way home tonight! And its getting worse as I write, so there may well be a pea-souper by tomorrow morning.      

2 comments:

  1. Have always found J&S to be helpful so they get our money everytime on bike gear. A few years ago they didn't have a one piece oversuit in stok so they got it sent up from their Oxford branch within 3 days.

    Best wishes for your mum.

    Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Ted, appreciate your thoughts.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete